Special Education Advocate Maureen Finaldi, M.S. is trained and dedicated to ensuring that children with special needs receive a free and appropriate public education. Maureen has extensive training and experience in reading and analyzing educational plans and interpreting testing data. For over ten years Maureen has successfully advocated on behalf of hundreds of families throughout Eastern Massachusetts; she has the expertise and success in handling the most challenging and complex of cases. She has working partnerships with the most experienced and knowledgeable special education attorneys throughout the state of Massachusetts and can provide referrals from her network of attorneys when and if needed.
What We Do :
- Special Education Advocate with one-to-one services for your child’s successful development
- Response letters to school district regarding all aspects of IEP issues
- Reviewing IEPs for optimal strategy and content
- Expert representation and leadership at Team Meetings
- Expert guidance, consultation and representation at Mediations and Resolution Meetings
- Formal filing for hearings with the Bureau of Special Education Appeals
Our goal is to help you build productive dialogue and strong collaborative relationships with your child’s educational team and school district. We will provide you with the expert advice and tools you need to help your child succeed, and to help you become a more effective special education advocate for your child and their needs.
How We Can Help :
We will assist you in optimizing your child’s IEP to ensure that they have the necessary accommodations and modifications, measurable annual goals and short-term objectives & benchmarks, and the appropriate related and special education services to meet your child’s unique needs and enhance their success.
We will be a reliable and trusted resource for you and your child, by providing you resources and/or referrals for independent neuropsychologists, speech and language therapists, board certified behaviorist and special education attorney’s.